Old October 4th 03, 05:14 PM
ColoradoSkiBum

Default military schools?

: You may want to call an IEP meeting. You don't have to wait for the
district
: to declare your son a failure-you can call a meeting and bring the issue
: the front sooner. If schools in your area are like the district I work
for,
: there is a real reluctance to increase services, because it increases
: expense. In fact, it's gone the other way in the last few years. I have
: several children this year who were in at least partially self-contained
: positions last year, who are now in the regular class, sink or swim,
: regardless of their behaviors. We can see it isn't working-but, the
district
: will not allow them to be reassigned.
:
: If you do this, get documentation from EACH teacher as to his behaviors.
: Often teachers avoid referring special education students to the office
: because we KNOW nothing will happen, so why bother? But that documentation
: is a potent tool when it comes to getting a child a better placement.

Fortunately that does not seem to be an issue at this school. On Wednesday
(the last time he was suspended) we met with his SIED teacher, one of her
aides, the school social worker and the assistant principal. I think we're
all on the same page as far as his treatment goes. They've already said
this is his last chance in this program.

Now once again I'm getting my newsgroups mixed up, can't remember what I've
posted here and what I've posted in other NG's so I'm going to go ahead and
repost The Whole Story -- we're getting far away from the initial topic of
this thread anyway.
--
ColoradoSkiBum