Old February 20th 04, 03:08 PM
DGoree

Default OT religion and smacking

Clisby wrote,

I didn't see any site that gave a good description of each state's laws,
but it wouldn't surprise me if a number of them are like Georgia's - the
law isn't blanket permission for any public school teacher to spank
children; it says the local school district can allow it (or, obviously,
forbid it.) I don't even know what the Atlanta district's policy is -
my daughter goes to a private school that doesn't allow spanking.

I think this is exactly right. We live in Texas but our school district does
not allow corporal punishment.

OTOH, there is a charter school just a block away from my house that allows it.
:-(

Mary Ellen
William (9)
Matthew (6)