Old August 9th 03, 02:31 AM
Karen Askey

Default "Safe" anti-anxiety/anti-depressant drugs?? Just recv'd my Hales

In article ,
rzyMaMa (Karen) writes:

I have a psychiatrist appt set for Tues I cannot handle my overwhelming
anxiety
any longer. This happend with DD#1, not #2 but now. I just received my copy
of Hales and am trying to figure out how to use it. Most of the drugs I have
been on before were L3 and I am suspecting not great in a breastfeeding
mother.
Does anyone else have experience with anti-anxiety medications and what were
you put on?? I would like to go to Dr armed with as much info as possible
along with my book. Thanks.

I'm on a 1/2 dose of Effexor once a day and am doing wonderfully on it. It is
an L3, but Hale's website says it is perfectly safe. It is not as good if you
are having panic attacks, though. I didn't have the panic attacks--just the
weepy one moment, wanting to kill someone the next. An advantage to Effexor is
that it takes only 3-4 days to kick in, whereas other drugs may take a couple
weeks.

Zoloft and Paxil are good choices, I hear. I did a lot of research b/c I, too,
wanted to be armed with the facts before talkign to my doc.

Good luck. this may help
http://neonatal.ama.ttuhsc.edu/discu...tml?1057625362

koa
Still nursing James, 02/06/01