Old June 30th 06, 05:36 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Pulled Belly Muscle

Andrea Phillips wrote:
Wah wah! I just need to whine a little. I'm 27 weeks on, and earlier
today I had to haul my 4-year-old daughter upstairs and to her room for
a time-out. As soon as I was done, I found I was in horrible pain when
I moved in certain ways. Like, ohhhh, walking.

At first I thought I'd well and angered the SPD gods (had a rotten time
with it my first pregnancy, but thankfully I got better on my own after
the birth... several months after... and visiting a chiropractor this
time seems to be keeping it at bay.) Anyway, after a few hours, I've
figured out that while it hurts from a lot of the same things (stairs,
rolling onto my side, etc.) it doesn't hurt in quite the same way or in
the same place.

Sooo... I think I managed to pull or strain some sort of very, very
lower-abdominal muscle O_o

I don't imagine anyone has any sage wisdom for me or anything. I don't
think there's anything at all I can do other than trying to rest as
much as anyone with a 4-year-old CAN. Wah wah.

That's all, I now return you to your regularly scheduled newsgroup.

I pull those muscles all the time & now at 3 weeks away, it's getting
harder & harder to avoid pain. :-/

Essentially its like the old joke where a patient tells his Doctor, "It
hurts when I do this" and the Doctor replies, "well, don't do that"
(Baw Haw) :-)