Old December 18th 06, 08:14 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Default The must be spanking more - Violent crimes jump in first halfof 2006

Doan wrote:
WASHINGTON - Murders, robberies and other violent crimes reported in the
United States jumped 3.7 percent in the first half of the year, continuing
a troubling upswing that began in 2005, the FBI said Monday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11497293/

I understand it would not have served your little rant below, or you
were too tired from public wanking, or buddy wanking with Greg, but
really, you should have included this:

"Department officials have cited as possible reasons a surge in
gang-related violence, spreading use of the illegal drug methamphetamine
and demographics, with children of the baby-boom generation entering the
years when individuals are most likely to commit crimes."

Remember the claim by anti-spanking zealotS like Kane, who said that
violent crimes have been declining steadily for the last 40 years because
of parents are spanking less?

A correlation possibility was pointed out. Seems we were wrong about the
spanking reduction...butt then it could just be the numbers, represented
by percentage of the total population as well. That's too simple a logic
for you?

Using that logic, parents must be spanking
more now.

Using your lack of logic, there could be other factors involved. A
percent increase would and could relate to a number of variables, such
as population increase, and second generation immigrant populations
which are often disaffected youth who do turn to crime.

At one time in this country you'd be hard pressed to find Asian violent
criminals. Now we have a great many of them. Second generation, born in
this country, or came as very small children, and their families are
working to assimilate but have not moved forward very quickly because of
bigotry and economics.

The children have lost the connection to their culture and have not as
yet fully assimilated.

Also we have a ten year upsurge in violent crime related to drugs,
specifically meth. The drug of choice for the violent.

Logic and the anti-spanking zealotS, are they mutually
exclusive? ;-)

Truth and Doan, forever estranged. 0;-]

You aren't aware we have a population that just passed 300 million?

300,423,906, as of a few minutes ago, according to the population clock
at: http://www.census.gov/

In fact, the 2000 census showed a 13.2% increase in population in just
ONE decade. That would make the percentage of "Murders, robberies and
other violent crimes reported in the United States jumped 3.7 percent"
as an increase over the previous year kind of wimpy by comparison. And
likely pretty much a normal curve over the decade...considering the
other variables you just sort of kinda maybe forgot to include....R R R
R R R R

Are you aware that those populations with the highest crime figures are
traditionally spanking societies?

And that they are the fastest growing population segment?

I guess I was wrong, by the way, as according to Straus the population
that is the most vulnerable are still being spanked, toddlers:

http://www.law.emory.edu/cslr/pressr...paretherod.htm

Oct. 6, 2004

"Yet prevalence of spanking has remained high: nearly all children have
been spanked in their lives because 94 percent of parents spank toddlers."

Tell us about logic again, Doan. It's to laugh.

Or possibly you wish to argue with me about "bad file" versus "corrupted
file instead?"

Find something to divert attention, Doan. Quick!

R R R R R RR RR ...

Doan