Old October 23rd 08, 02:22 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

Default DD wants her "boyfriend" at her birthday party

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Donna Metler" wrote:

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions for including a barely 3 yr old boy
in
a party where the rest of the participants are girls ranging from 3 1/2
5? I've already warned grandma that the guest list is 8 little girls
(including DD), plus her grandson.

He sounds so cute! At three, he might enjoy dressing up in a fairy
costume
anyway, but if he is already convinced that it's too girly, he can always
dress up as something else. It won't destroy the party to have Superman
present, or a little pirate or Peter Pan or knight or magician. The party
place will have something in mind; I am sure they get quite a few fairy
princesses with male friends and relatives. The little boy's family will
probably ring you to discuss costuming, and you could invite his Mum as
well,
if you are concerned he won't cope.

In terms of party mechanics, so to speak, I doubt he will require much
more
supervision than the rest of them. None of them understand party game
rules
well, some of them will cry if they don't get a prize, and most of them
will
spill food and drink on themselves. Which is why you are going to Fairy B
Cheese, right? ;-)

Not so much spills (our carpet really needs replaced anyway-it was ancient
when we bought the house, and a young child hasn't helped it much), as that
there's just plain no indoor area big enough for 8-9 kids, plus probably at
least a few parents (not to mention that my parents will be here for
Thanksgiving, so we'll have 4 adults here alone) and maybe a sibling or two.
Taking it off site seemed like a good idea, and the dress up party seemed
like about the most preschool-girl friendly option available, since "Dress
up" (either themselves, dolls, or stuffed animals) is probably the favorite
game to play anyway.

And I must say, I'm just as glad someone ELSE gets to deal with the
aftermath of princess crafts . Glitter and sparkles and glue, Oh my!