Old May 18th 04, 02:31 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default Pain

melbgal1 wrote:
Mary Gordon says...

melbgal1 wrote: I wish I passed out !

Mary comments:
It actually would be pretty wierd if women DID pass out from
childbirth pain. Sheesh that would be interesting - everyone would be
endlessly conking out. The minute you went into labour, you'd have to
lie down to make sure you didn't fall down in a faint!

Nicely written, Mary.

Just saw this and thought I would add, for everyone's pleasu my
mother passed out during my birth. :-) Consequently, she doesn't
remember the whole birth. She just remembers screaming for pain relief
(she wanted a medicated birth but didn't get one due to their not being
able to find a sleeping anesthesiologist), and then passing out when
they told her that they were going to make a small incision.