Old September 22nd 03, 08:56 PM
Dawn Lawson

Default worm (computer type)

Sue wrote:
Lots and lots of people are dealing with this. All the newsgroups that I
participate in have the same problem. I made up a rule that says to dump any
mail that comes with an attachment to delete it. There is a patch on the
microsoft web page that corrects this, but tis too late now, but perhaps
will help with other worms. It's a PITA. I had over 400 emails this weekend
from this stupid worm. I'll be glad when they get their jollies over.

Trouble is, afaik, that someone is infected, and is unknowingly sending
these messages, so until the infected party(s) clean up their computer,
I don't think it will stop. Will it?