Old September 22nd 03, 09:27 PM
Emily Roysdon

Default worm (computer type)

Dawn Lawson wrote:

Emily Roysdon wrote:

Dawn Lawson wrote:

quick poll.... are there tons of people here fighting off the MS
worm? (heaps of crap wiht attachments saying they are the latest
critical patch)

Nope, I use Linux-based applications on my machine, with no Microsoft
anywhere. It is so nice to not have to worry about viruses, but even
when I used MS I always had virus protection software running.

AFAIK, it's using someone's email addres book to send the spam. It's
got nada to do wtih Microsoft at the receiveing end, if I understand it
properly...

dawn, willing to stand corrected

Ah, I misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you were asking about
people who are having to deal with the virus itself, not the resultant
emails. I've only seen one email with it so far, just a bit ago, on a
list I'm on, and the list doesn't allow attachments so the virus didn't
come through.

Emily