Old November 30th 09, 07:05 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default Spelling

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
My niece is considering sending her child to private school because
they don't have spelling in the her son's class. The reason given is
that some people in the class are not native English speakers. Does
that reason make sense to anyone? It doesn't to me.

It doesn't make sense. I don't think you'll convince the school that,
though.

Of all children who need to learn how to spell, it would be the non-native
speakers, since they likely have little exposure to writing English at home.
If they don't learn it at home and at school, where would they learn it?