Old March 5th 05, 03:57 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
illecebra wrote:

*I think that if someone starting college isn't already doing all their
*own laundry, cooking at least a fair share of meals, and doing a fair
*share of cooking, there are serious issues to begin with. The lighter
*workload might be nice, but it often comes at a price.

Huh. Not to say that someone shouldn't be doing all that stuff, but I
don't really see why they "should," either. Certainly I managed to get
through my high school years without doing laundry or cooking meals! In
fact, my first year of college is absolutely when I learned how to do
laundry, and my second year (when I moved off-campus) is when I learned to
cook (beyond the simple spaghetti and PBJ stuff that of course I had done
at home). Why is that a problem? It really hasn't been a problem in my
life.

h.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD