Old February 11th 09, 03:44 AM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default nintendo ds

"toypup" wrote in message
I am thinking of eventually getting my 7 yo son a Nintendo DS. I am
concerned about the feature allowing him to hook up with people through a
WiFi connection. I don't mind him playing with his friend, who lives a
drive away, but I don't want him playing with random people and I don't
want anyone contacting him. Is there a parental control feature on the
Nintendo DS? Is there a safety feature built in?

Hm... You know... My parents got DS one of this DS things for Christmas...
He just turned 8 less than 2 weeks ago, so right around the same age as your
DS.
To be completely honest, I really don't know much about this thing. I've
heard you can have multi-player games with others, but as far as that goes,
I have no clue. To be completely honest, I don't know if DS knows about
that, although he has asked for it so he can play with one friend that has a
DS as well, and the friend is right next door. On a very rare occasion,
I've let him take it over to the friend's house to play.
Now that you've mentioned this, I think I am going to see what I can find
out about it and ask around... Now I am curious as to how this thing
works... Last handheld game I've touched has been a simple Gameboy ages ago
LOL
If I find anything out, I'll definitely post what I've found over here, but
I'm also going to be keeping an eye out here just in case someone knows.
That's a very good question, though!