Old September 20th 05, 06:45 PM
Anne Rogers

Joy, I feel for you, it must be a hard decision, when you first posted about
your baby's condition I did look up a little bit on line, from what I read
it seemed that c-section was only recommended if things were really severe
and the spinal cord was actually bulging. I recall something about
infections to the lesion, but it seemed that treating the infection rather
than preventing it was preferred. None of these was research results, but
that was the impression I got from what I read, I hope someone comes up with
something more concrete. From your posts I haven't seen anything that makes
induction a good idea, other than the distance you have to travel to the
hospital, in all honesty I think I'd be hanging on and waiting to go
naturally, knowing your baby is going to be having surgery and needing extra
care, I'd be wanting to be as well a possible myself, which would mean no
c-section.

Anne