Old September 25th 04, 08:19 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Karen O'Mara" wrote in message
om...
"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message

I think it's sad that so many people who could have done something to

ease
the situation did nothing at all and probably not by choice. Seems to

me
lots of folks in this life walk around wearing blinkers.

Interesting thought. I agree. Except, that there's so many insteances
where others should mind their own business, too.

Yeah, that's certainly true too.

Retrospect is always 20/20...

And high defiinition, widescreen and Technicolour(tm) as well.

It certainly struck me that there seemed to have been a major breakdown

of
communication between her and her parents. That's something I would

always
try my best to avoid.

The little bit revealed in the letter didn't indicate a bad
relationship between the daughter and the rparents. The girl seemed to
find refuge at home and wanted to stay there instead of going to
school. I suspect the parents knew she was unhappy and not popular and
worried about her weight but didn't know just how bad the girl was
internalizing all of it.

Which is why I didn't say I thought they had a "bad" relationship but rather
that they weren't communicating properly.

--
Paul Griffiths