Old January 7th 05, 08:33 AM
Daye

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:06:54 -0800, "Kelly"
wrote:

I do think his *one* point is valid, but the way he goes about it is
entirely offensive and makes most people turn away. That is a very
ineffective method of obtaining people to support his cause.

He does have several points if you read his posts. Most of the post
do center around the 30% issue, but he has others as well.

You are right. He can be ineffective, but he is trying and learning.
Things in his favor are that he does admit when he is wrong, and he
will debate (rather than flame) you about issues.

I have yet to read
about anything he has actually *done* regarding his cause. Does he go to
childbirth classes as a guest speaker to discuss alt. positions for
delivery? Does he give talks to OB's and providers?

You don't consider his posts to pregnant women doing anything? I do.
He is trying to educate the very people who can help stop the problem
-- the women giving birth. I also know that he takes on medical
professionals head on on other ngs to help get them to see his side.

As for doing work with childbirth classes and giving talks to OBs, you
will have to ask Todd. I don't know.

I will say one thing though. I try to do a lot of educating about
Post Natal Depression -- both in real life and online. I admit that I
am sometimes more effective in getting my message across. Todd and I
have different styles and personalities.

However, I have reached a hell of a lot more people online with my PND
education than I have in real life. The reason is simple. I can
reach more different from many walks of life online than I could ever
do in real life. Yes, I do the real life stuff, but my message is
received by more people with a single post on mkp. Maybe this is what
Todd thinks as well.

--
Daye
Mommy to: