Old January 7th 05, 08:58 AM
Daye

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:55:06 GMT, "Todd Gastaldo"
wrote:

I want to change the world, Larry.

Good on ya, Todd! We need more people who want to change the world.
Some lyrics are coming to mind with this statement. I will give them
to you to ponder:

"I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do... so, I'm
leaving it up to you..."

As you know, I want OBs to stop various obvious crimes.

How can I say it so that this grisly obstetric tomfoolery ACTUALLY ends
tomorrow (or today!)?

Todd, the point is that you can't. You can only change the world one
person at a time. You got me on your side. I got your message, and I
help you spread the word. It is very much a "Pay It Forward" idea.

I don't like Michael Jackson, but he has a profound idea when he
sings, "I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to
change his ways, and no message could have been any clearer. If you
want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and
make a change."

Maybe you need to change the way you approach this issue and how you
put your ideas out there. Several people have complained that they
don't like the way you present things. Take that on board, and try to
figure out different ways to present your ideas. Some people claim
that you butt in and take over threads. Think about starting your own
threads with your message so that people don't feel like you have
hijacked the thread. Some people complain that they don't like it
when you quote them directly or you call them out in your subjects
(and this is a valid complaint). Try to find a different way to
confront the issues that those people raise without turning them
against you.

Last, but not least, a lot of people complain about the length of your
posts. I have brought this up as a problem before too. You were
trying "Mini Me" posts. I think those were quite effective. You are
a very verbose man. You have a lot of information to share. My DH is
a verbose man. I am not usually verbose. In fact, I am usually too
blunt. However, if you can get your message down to fewer statements
that convey a lot of information, you will get more people reading
your posts. (BTW, I know that a few statements with a lot of info
isn't an easy thing to write, but try.)

Could you ask your hippy friends for phraseology that will do the trick? : )

Well, I have a few hippie friends and I know what they would tell you.
Smoke a joint and chill out (*Disclaimer: Of course, that is illegal,
and I would never tell you to do that.*). You can make a difference,
but you also need to kick back and think about what you want to say
and how you want to say it.

Remember, as the Beatles said, "Turn off your mind. Relax and float
down stream. This is not dying... Lay down all thoughts, surrender to
the void. It is shining... Yet you may see the meaning of within, it
is being."

--
Daye
Mommy to: