Old February 15th 06, 08:11 AM
beccafromlalaland beccafromlalaland is offline
Senior Member

I'm snipping away portions of text because the forum I use to post only allows 10,000 characters in a single post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
I was being playfully friendly with you when I asked for your
copy...hence the use of the "LOL" I was joking
Ordinarily "LOL" is not used playfully. Playful usually consists of
smilies. Such as :-)
LOL means Laugh Out Loud which is also an acceptable communication of a joking or playful attitude. Sometimes one must read between the lines to catch the meaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
If you can't remember and follow a simple dialouge from day to day
that's your problem not mine.
No it becomes your problem if you wish me to follow the thread. Please
don't assume you are the only person I have conversations with. What is
it especially about you that would be so remarkable that I'd remember
from day to day? I have a wife I provide that attention to.
I don't have a problem remembering who's who and what's what from day to day week to week, but I do have a very good memory which aids in that. I may be at an unfair advantage given that talent. I can remember the plot and characters of nearly every book I've read in recent years, as well as the lines from plays from highschool. One of those weird things that comes in handy for me but can annoy others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
Having Lengthy bits of conversation
floating through posts irritates me, it is redundant and
unnecessary....at least for me
Then you have a problem with normal Usenet and Web protocols. Snipping
the content of a subject then remarking about it is rude.
I don't use "Usenet" and 90% of my postings are on forums in which one can easily scroll up to refresh their memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
Perhaps you should do some memory
excercises, to aide in your ability to follow along, without a
reference to something either you wrote or you read from an earlier
post.
You are now, since my requests were politely offered, are being
harassing and rude.
Actually, that was a serious bit of friendly advice. Doing Memory excercises not only improves your short term memory but there is some evidence that it will improve your recall ability in your waning years. And accourding to a researcher friend of mine may even help lessen the severity of memory loss in Dementia patients.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
Another bit of advice. and yes I am yelling at you in this next
portion just so we are clear.
Of course. You are rude. I know that. You've demonstrated it before.
You've poked Momma bear one too many times, I'm not rude...I'm defensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
NEVER EVER, MENTION MY PARENTING OR THE WAY I CHOOSE TO RAISE MY
CHILDREN IN A DEROGOTORY MANNER AGAIN.
Sorry. I'll mention it any time I wish.
Now who's being rude? I do not question your parenting ethics...nor do I even mention your children in posts. I would never DREAM of doing something that rude, not even with provocation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU
HAVE SAID SOMTHING IN A NASTY TONE TO ME ABOUT WHAT YOU PRESSUME ABOUT
MY FAMILY.
So what? You have seen fit to be rude and nasty to me, have you not?
Yes I have said rude things to you, but NEVER in a million years would I poke you about the way you raise your children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY FAMILY LIFE,
That's right, and that is why I did NOT presume about your family. I
asked IF you behaved toward your children as you do me. Do you not
understand the interogatory sentence?
What kind of question is that? You are an adult, not a child. I treat adults in the way adults should be treated, and I treat children in age appropriate fashion. Do you and realize that you confirmed my feeling that your original question was in fact meant as an insult...or are you going to choose to ignore it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
A question is a question, not an accusation. I could have been speaking
rhetorically, but hte only way to tell for sure is to ask me. Not
assume, as you just did.
One can ask a question in an accusatory fashion. That is what you did. That question asked in the context it was in was inflamatory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
Ask me if I meant to be nasty about your child rearing methods. Go
ahead.
I don't need to you already answered it.
Kane said: I asked IF you behaved toward your children as you do me.
That statment answers that question...YES In my opinion you meant to be nasty about my child rearing methods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
AND YET YOU FEEL
IT'S ALRIGHT TO FORM ASUMPTIONS ABOUT ME, AND HOW I TREAT MY CHILDREN.
A question is not an assumption.
the context in which you chose to ask that question, turned it from a question to an assumption. if you had not assumed that I treat my children poorly you would not have asked that question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
What I said was, and thank you for this time not snipping my actually
comments from the flow:
" Do you treat your children the same way? Or were you just being
playfully friendly with me?"
Do you see the question mark? Twice? How could you miss it and presume
I am making an assumption. It's YOU that made the assumption and
accused me.
Of course I saw the question marks. Again the context in which you asked the question lead me to the assumption that you were presuming that I treat my children poorly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
How do you know that I feel alright to make assumptions about you,
without asking me?
How do you feel about asking questions that force someone to assume that you assumed something? And further more what gave you the idea that it was OK to ask a question that inflammatory? Unless invited one should never speak of anothers children...and from what I can recall I never gave you any inkling of permission to make comment or question after my children. It would be like me asking after your sex life. One's family life is intensly personal, and unless asked to make comment or question or given express permission to do so it's best to leave well enough alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
I asked YOU a question. YOU made a bald faced accusation.
See the difference?
You asked a question that forced me to become defensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
IT IS A VERY RUDE THING TO DO.
To ask a question about whether or not you are rude to your children as
you appear to be behaving toward me?
To assume that I would treat my children as I treat an adult, yes. To bring my children and my family life into a conflict between you and I? YES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
IT IS AN INSULT, BUT OF COURSE YOU[color=blue]
ALREADY KNOW THAT BECAUSE YOU INTEND YOUR "QUESTION" AS AN INSULT.
How can you be sure of that unless you ask? Are you not making an
assumption about my meaning? With out any real cause to do so?
I have answered this already. The context that you asked that question was such that it forced me to assume you were being insulting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
I'll ask it again, in fact, no accusation intended but simply a
question related to how rude and attacking and accusatory you are being
toward me. Are you doing the same with your children?
This has been sufficiently addressed. NO, I am not rude attacking or accusatory with my children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
And, beccafromlalaland, your response is clearly indicative that you DO
know you are being rude and abusive in your language toward me.
Or you wouldn't take offense at my specific question asking if you are
being so abusive toward your children.
I was/am bieng rude to you...as you have been rude to me. Perhaps we both need to go back to primary school and relearn the "golden rule"
And any parent being asked if they are abusive toward their children would take offense, and defend themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
Frankly, I think you are a fake. That you likely DO spank your children
or will. Your need to be in control is excessive. Rather like Doan,
though he's more clever and weasel like.
That is your solution to everything isn't it. That someone who doesn't agree with you on every point must be a fake, a puppet. I am a recovering "spank-a-holic" I try very hard on a daily basis to use Grace based discipline, and Gentle Parenting. And you're right, I need to be in control...it sucks, I hate that about myself. I was not allowed control over anything not even my own body for 17yrs. Everything was in turmoil constantly so forgive me if I crave control.
If I were anything less than honest here you would not be comparing me to doan...I would get my own category, but because you can not make heads or tails of me because I don't fit your mold of what a Non-spanker thinks and feels then I must be a puppet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
Chill, lady.
If I ask a question, it's a question. You can answer it, no matter what
meaning you project into it. Ask. Find out. Stop assuming.
Find a better context to ask questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane
I think you are a puppet here at Doan's behest, doing as he directs
you.
A three dollar bill.
Show me were you have ever posted before that you were opposed to
spanking.
My other online name is coopnwhitsmommy
http://www.google.com/search?q=coopn...n&lr=&filter=0
I Googled coopnwhitsmommy+spank* for you. There is a specific post at gentlechristianmothers.com entitled How to become a gentle mother that you may find interesting. It was the one that started me down the path to Non-spanking. And Why I don't feel spankers are abusive, that they are misguided in their parenting...it wasn't long ago I was one of them. I believe it is in the public domain. If you can access the board without logging in you can see my post count is well over 600 and I would gladly let you read any of my other posts if you so wish,just to prove that I am not a fake.
Becca

Momma to two boys

Big Guy 3/02
and