Old October 25th 03, 02:16 PM
Gale

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
..
She is almost certainly required by law to send it. I would strongly

suggest
getting documentation from your doctor, if possible, on past absenses, and
certainly getting documentation for ANY further medical absense.

Your state education code should be online, and will give truancy

statutes.

I second that motion. School Districts vary considerably in both rules and
how they are applied. For example, this school district I live in allows
only ten excused absences a year or you are retained. It is extreemly
difficult to obtain an exception, even for participation in national level
amateur sports teams [issue last school year], serious illnesses lasting
longer than 10 days, etc. A lot of parents in this area are hopping mad
about it. Same State, next school District away, not an issue at all, they
are much more understanding of why a child may be out for an excused reason.
So, look into your State and school district's rules and applications
thereof very closely and know that while we can give you anecdotal evidence,
it all comes down to your school district and how you interact with it.

Good luck!

-A, in Florida
--
see my creative works on ebay under aulame 123