Old March 31st 05, 02:22 AM
Claire Petersky

"Mandy Anderson" wrote in message
I'm furious with my neighbors who seem to think the streets in our
subdivision are for playing.

We live in a little neighborhood, shaped sort of like the letter E, with the
upper and lower prongs of the E connecting to a tertiary arterial, and the
center prong and the serifs on the E's backbone being cul-de-sacs. The
center cul-de-sac and the backbone is basically one large play area. There
are kids of all ages who rove in pairs and small packs, playing ball, riding
scooters and bikes, and hanging out. When I rode my bike home this
afternoon, I saw a couple of scooters parked out front, and guessed
correctly that there were going to be a couple of kids over at the house
with my daughters.

If I had to move to a different area, this is the sort of neighborhood I
would seek again for my family: a place where kids rightly feel safe playing
unsupervised in the street, and where you can just come over without having
to have a play date arranged and mom transport you there.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky