Old March 31st 05, 06:10 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article .com,
shinypenny wrote:

Why is it that some people feel it is fine to drive an SUV down narrow
city streets designed for much smaller cars? If you live in the city,
and park in the city, does it make any sense at all to buy an SUV?

I guess it depends where else you drive. There are some places where
SUVs are the most appropriate vehicle choice. Cities certainly aren't
one of them, but most people drive in a variety of locations/conditions.

If you have three (or more!) children in carseats, a compact car isn't
going to work for you. Some people will simply need a larger vehicle
(not necessarily an SUV, but I imagine that full-sized cars and minivans
also don't fit well on those same city streets).

--Robyn (who drives a medium-sized SUV, but rarely ventures into the city)