Old November 26th 07, 06:11 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default online gift cards

Tai wrote:
Anne Rogers wrote:
My gran has asked if there is anywhere online she can deposit money,
so that we can then choose some gifts for the kids. I'm guessing that
the only mechanism for doing something like this would be to purchase
a gift card to an online store, which is something we're unfamiliar
with, can you do this totally electronically? Any ideas of stores that
might do
them?

I don't know about stores but why can't your gran just get her bank to
transmit the money into your bank account? Where I live I can do that via
internet banking myself or arrange it over the counter at a nearby bank
branch. Our parents live in another country and they just send money for
their grandchildren directly into an account here by going into their bank
and organising a foreign currency transfer which usually arrives promptly
the next day. All you'd have to do is give your gran your bank, branch and
account numbers, wouldn't you?

Another option would be for her to pay the money directly into your credit
card account.

They live in Cyprus, online facilities are a bit lacking there, they
usually send cheques to my parents who pay them in to our British bank
account, she said they've already done that, but she wants to do
something extra this year, it might not seem different to us, but it
obviously is to her.

Cheers
Anne