Old April 27th 08, 07:12 PM posted to misc.kids,rec.woodworking,misc.kids.pregnancy
Fred the Red Shirt

Default Cradle plans

There are lots of cradle plans available on the
internet, but I am looking for one type in particular.

I remember that once upon a time there were
plans available for a 'double rocking cradle'. That's
my description of a type of cradle that is like a
trestle cradle with the trestle on rockers instead
of flat on the floor.

They look like they would fall right over dumping
the kid on the floor, but someone who made one
(and I no longer am in contact with him) said it
was stable. Evidenl;ty the geometry is such that
the center of gravity rises as it rocks away from
center. I think the motion would be similar
to a glider.

But recent searches have come up empty.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, and before you ask, no I didn't knock anyone up.
I will soon be an uncle.

--

FF