Old May 30th 04, 09:00 AM
Samantha

Default Question about stitches

Jill wrote:

I have quite a few stitches (vaginally), they are the kind that dissolve...I
have never had this kind before. It's been 3 weeks and they are still there
(of course)....I am just wondering, how long do they remain before they do
dissolve?

I had one hour's worth of stitching done, many vaginal. The doctor's
had a grand time telling me that they were rebuilding me from the inside
out. At the time, thanks to an epidural, I was amused. Six weeks later
however...

Anyway, at my six week appointment, I still had stitching that had not
dissolved and still hurt quite a bit. They scheduled another appt. for
eight weeks post partum and kept me off "all activity." Around seven
weeks the pain just POOF...disappeared. At the eight week appt all of
the stitching had dissolved and I felt like a human being again!
(Except for lack of sleep, naturally! I vaguely remember sleeping over
three hours at a time in a previous life. ;-)

The only thing that worked for me was wearing clothes that were as loose
as possible. Nothing that rubbed the crotch area worked....skirts,
baggy sweats and shorts, etc. Jeans were hell til around 7 weeks
after. Baths were super comforting as well. I, too, didn't take any
pain medication. Never even filled the script they gave me, which was
probably foolish. A little Motrin would have taken the edge off.