Old April 12th 09, 12:55 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Default Migraines was so, did everyone defect from usenet?

enigma wrote:

Jeff wrote in
:

enigma wrote:
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did
Google Groups really kill another group off?

All the ads didn't help. I think a lot of people are leaving
usenet for other social networking.

i'm on facebook, twitter & ravelry, but i check in on Usenet a couple
times/day. unfortunately, it doesn't take long
lee

Some of the other newsgroups I'm on are much more active than this
one. - like rec.travel.cruises and rec.boats.cruising.

I've been joined to Facebook by my second daughter who apparently sent
out joining requests to everyone in her address book. I like it
because my children check in more often than they would otherwise call
me, and my nieces (4 of them - both sides of the family) are on there
and three of my grandsons and one cousin who are all about the same
age, and I can see what they are doing without having to ask

My oldest daughter (who will be 48 this year) called me a couple of
nights ago and says that she is getting migraines again. I didn't
realize that she had any migraines after 7th grade. At that time the
symptoms were mostly throwing up.

Now, she said that she normally just gets the visual manifestations of
a migraine (which I get sometimes too- but her visuals actually block
her vision whereas I can see past mine which means that she can't
drive until they go away). She says she gets one every two or three
years. She had a physical the next day and she's now been to a
neurologist and they want her to do an MRI and MRA which she will do.
She runs 3 miles about 3 x a week, and is in good shape otherwise, but
she's got a lot of stress at work. She thinks that in her case it's
just a migraine. Although I wonder whether she was downplaying it
because she didn't want me to be upset and whether I should be more
aggressive about asking her about it. My mother would have had a fit,
so we often didn't tell her about things like that - I don't want to
go that far.

My husband just had some endocrine blood tests and the endocrinologist
says his thyroid is low and wants him to have an MRI also. My husband
thinks that the low pituitary is because of almost zero testosterone
but he's an engineer and not a biology or medical person.

I OTOH have been feeling nauseated off and on, and I don't know
exactly why although in the past it has either been pregnancy (not a
possibility anymore) or tension. I have days when I'm miserable, and
then other days when I feel fine. I have so many various ailments
(arthritis, intermittent vertigo, nerve damage around the fourth rib
where I had shingles) that it isn't always easy to tell whether it is
something new or just the same old same old. II haven't told anyone
about it except the lady that I go to for Pilates. I am going to talk
to a lawyer on Wednesday about making a will.