Old October 19th 05, 05:48 AM
A&G&K&H

Default AF

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
Does that sound right?
Anybody else get nauseous / vomit with AF?

Ever since DD's birth, I've noticed nausea before AF. It does feel like
morning sickness, but I've never got to the point of throwing up. If that
happened, I'd be a little concerned.
If it was me, and I was spotting _and_ throwing up, I'd be seriously
concerned, especially if it didn't go away. But then I don't have an IUD.
Isn't the mirena hormonal as well? If that's the case, then shouldn't you
not get a proper menstrual period, just breakthrough bleeding as with the
pill?
If the mirena should stop you getting a proper AF - and I don't know if it
does - I'm picking one of these as responsible, in order of likelihood:
1. Food poisoning or other gastro bug
2. IUD not protecting you from getting a proper AF as it should
and least likely but not impossible, 3. IUD faliure...

The mirena can differ between women, but typically AF is lighter, and has
been known to go away altogether, so I think its fine.
The vomiting was to do with the onset of AF ... I'm almost certain now after
reading a few other stories.
I felt fine before and after like with morning sickenss (with me anyway)
rather than the awful headache and lethargy that go with gastro.
thanks
Amanda
--
Amy