Old September 30th 06, 03:33 AM posted to misc.education,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids.health,alt.support.attn-deficit
laraine

Default Seeking straight A's, parents push for pills

toypup wrote:
"laraine" wrote in message
ps.com...
Perhaps the issue with such courses now is
that the homework can take quite a bit of time,
and homework seems to be a no-no these days.

I don't know where you live, but it's so the opposite where I am. The kids
are overwhelmed with homework.

toto wrote:
Huh? Most people are claiming their kids have a lot of homework, so I
can't see how you can say it's a no-no.

I wasn't referring to the current situation in
schools, but rather to what I perceive to be
the attitude towards homework, particularly
busy work, by some on these newsgroups.
I realize the discussions about homework go
back a few years, so I hope I am not
overgeneralizing.

The reason I particularly noticed those
comments was because I have always been a
big fan of homework. I have a fairly poor memory
as well as a somewhat short attention span
in class, even when I am trying very hard,
so doing homework helped me a lot.
It gave me time on my own to sift out
important concepts and details, and I
found repetition to be an advantage for