Old April 4th 04, 07:47 PM
Carol Ann

Default Quick introduction of myself :)

My name is Jill, and I am 34 weeks pregnant with my first (a girl). I have
decided to breastfeed, and haven't yet been able to take a bf class but am
going to very soon-- I am due in May! (I'm in North Carolina, USA)

snip

But I would like to ask....what do I need to have on hand to get started??

want to be sure I have the few things I need before I have the baby so I

can
just focus on the baby when we get home and can just go to it!

Jill

Hi, Jill! Can you believe that you are ALREADY 34 weeks pregnant? I can
remember when you just discovered you were having a baby! Woo-hoo!

For me, the things I find most helpful for my breastfeeding experience have
been:

~Speaking to the Lactation Consultant in the hospital a few times. They
were able to help me with latching and any questions.

~Speaking to the Lactation Consultant while at home. She was able to answer
a few questions I had.

~Asking specific questions here and on MKP. I am amazed at the knowledge.

~Reading the book that was given to me from the hospital about Caring for
the Newborn. I just realized this morning that it had the answers to just
about all of my breastfeeding questions...even about the growth spurts!

~So, bottom line is all you need is patience, breasts and the baby! Oh, I
also have 100% Lanolin that I use sparingly on my tender breasts.

Wahoo!! Jill, you are so close!! I'm so happy for you!

~Carol Ann
Mother to Morgan, March 24, 2004