Old September 11th 07, 02:22 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Stormlady

Default prior to pregnancy -- any prep? (over 40, esp)

Going to the dentist is a good idea because pregnancy is hard on your teeth.
Your body only gets whatever calcium is left over after the baby gets what
they need. A check up and a cleaning is definately recommended, as well as
another while you're pregnant. There's an old saying that for every child,
a tooth. Basically, you could expect to lose at least one tooth with each
child.

"Caledonia" wrote in message
oups.com...
We're thiiiiinking about trying for child #3; it's an open question,
given our respective ages, whether this will even be a possibility.
Lately I've read about women going to the dentist, the OB, the PCP et
al prior to trying to become pregnant, just wanting to be 'checked.'
Is this overkill? (I admit, sounds like overkill to me.) Did anyone
*do* this, and if so, for what reasons?

Caledonia