Old July 19th 04, 12:31 AM
Greg Hanson

Default Whore pushes NO LAW government....was...... Ninnyboy Kane Whines Awhile

Kane,

I have read at least one high court opinion
very noteable for ALLOWING advocates to dispense
legal advice without acting as an attorney.
The LOUSY state of affairs with public defenders
doing the JUDAS act is widely known and some
of this has become caselaw.

It was either about Suzanne Shell or part of
the caselaw that Suzanne Shell used to defend herself.

Basically, anybody can do legal research, it
would be just plain unAmerican to tell people
that they could not research it or tell what
they had found. This is NOT the same as
pretending to be an attorney.

Somebody once posted that early Americans
actually prohibited Barristers (Lawyers) from
flooding into the new world.
Barristers/Lawyers were much hated even then.

Do you think Abraham Lincoln ever had
to go to law school or pass a BAR EXAM
before he practiced law?

I highly doubt that the US Constitution
was meant to stifle grass roots efforts to
understand our laws, now convoluted beyond
even the abilities of barristers.
Despite that old expression that "Ignorance
of the law is no excuse." now'days it
is sort of a nonsense comment. It takes a
giant COMPUTER to track "the law" and all
of the corrolaries, caselaw, precedent, etc.

The Judge in the decision I refer to above
could not get around the value of such
research and advocacy.

Put even simpler, it seemed like the CPS
and their attorneys were being GIANT CRYBABIES
in trying to pretend that providing legal
research was in fact providing legal advice.
It was a desperate tactic used by
desperate prosecutors.

In another case CPS actually PROTESTED
in court that an advocate group had
helped a mother find a home and a job!
(As if it was somehow UNFAIR!)
The Judge was not happy with CPS that day.

Prosecutors do often try some pathetic tactics.