Old September 17th 06, 08:18 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Banty

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

In article .com, beeswing
says...

My daughter will be 12 in December and is in 6th grade, which in her
school is the second year of middle school. I let her trick-or-treat
last year but feel like this year she has crossed into the "too old"
zone. She's accused me of trying to take away her childhood (!), so I
thought I'd raise the question here.

What do parents here think? How old is too old to trick-or-treat? When
I was growing up, 6th grade was my last year, but junior high started
in 7th. Am I being reasonable stopping her at this age, do I give her
one last year, or do folks here think trick or treating should continue
into the teens?

What defines "too old"? Since in my area I see teens trick or treating all the
time, I'd say she's not too old yet. The teens do some of the cutest getups.
They tend to knock later than the younger set - something around nine o'clock.
It's clearly a social thing for them.

Last year when he was 13, my son went. I lent him my cell phone for him to call
in.

I recall trick or treating at 12 - I went around dressed in black with my black
cat on my shoulder. It was a hit.

Banty