Old November 29th 07, 10:58 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

Default She'll eventually slow down again, right?

In article
,
cjra wrote:

Last week she had the croup. Wouldn't eat or drink anything for 3 days
but she nursed. And nursed. And nursed. It was like she was going
through a growth spurt again.

I didn't mind it so much as I was glad she was at least getting some
fluids and nourishment (she wouldn't even take water). But now she's
all better (mostly...still some rough patches but mostly ok), and she
still wants to nurse All The Time. We keep offering food. She does eat
some, but a few bites and stops. This from the kid who ate
_everything_ - it took her awhile to get into solids but once she did,
she went at them with a vengeance. She had quite a varied diet. But
now it's about 80% breastmilk.

Well, she's back to daycare and I'm not sending EBM so she's eating
something, but she's still desperate to nurse when we get home and
then all night.

It might be wise to take her to the Dr again, just in case she has an ear
infection or something else that is making her uncomfortable. HEr throat
might still be a bit sore, in which case it will gradually ease, as will your
discomfort!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/