Old November 3rd 03, 08:23 PM
Paul Fritz

Default child's imagination

This is a very common problem, kids will tell parents what they think they
want to hear.

I would be very much concerned about this 'therapist' where did he/she
come from, who started it, is it by court order, if not, try to stop it and
get a neutral court appointed/approved one.......this could be a set up for
bigger accusations against you.

"Tim" wrote in message
om...
Hi, everyone.

I have a bit of a difficult situation to describe. Let me start out by
saying it involves a current legal battle, and I do have counsel that
I go to for legal advice. I am concerned here with practical,
parenting advice.

My five-year old son lives with his mom. I get him on alternating
weekends, holidays, etc. He is going to therapy, supposedly because he
is aggitated upon returning from his visits with me. I note that he is
always happy with me and he never seems agitated. In several of his
therapy sessions, he has stated that I speak badly of his mother, even
repeating obscenities that I don't even know. In fact, I speak very
highly of her, telling him she is a wonderful person, and loves him
very much.

I know there will probably be some here who simply don't believe me,
but that's ok. What I want to know is does anyone have any advice on
how I can speak to my son on why he's telling these lies? If it
somehow comes across that I am "coaching" my son for his therapist
sessions, I can get in trouble with the courts. If he continues,
lying, I can get in trouble with the courts. It's a lose-lose
situation.