Old April 7th 06, 07:37 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Teachers do get assaulted

Only New Jersey and Iowa ban paddling in private schools.

As I understand it, if CP is illegal in a state, than its
illegal, pure and simple, in public and private schools. I dont think
states such as California, Massachussets, or New York, where CP is
illegal, would allow it in a private school any more than they would in
a public school.

Then, there was the case of the 18-year-old Texas student who got
paddled in high school. The student argued that she could not be
paddled because her parents had NOT given explicit permission. She
attorney claimed assault. The school system argued that her parents
didn't need to because she was still a student AND past her 18th
birthday! While I could never find out what the outcome of her appeal,
a lack of no-spank propaganda probably means the school district
prevailed. At least that has been the judicial trend for well over a
decade.

If youre talking about the case of the student Jessica Serafin
being paddled by the principal Brett Whittaker, than its the case Im
familiar with. The principal should've faced criminal charges. From
what I read about it, the principal and some assistants restrained the
girl. They manhandled her, which is illegal regardless if CP is legal
or not. I wish I was a student in that school. I wouldve marched down
to the office and made the principal and his assistants regret the days
they were born.