Old November 1st 08, 11:29 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default what to do when your kid hurts another

DS is 7 yo and he kicked his 5 yo friend who was visiting in our house. I
was mortified. DS knows better to hit, and this child is so much smaller
than he and for no real reason (he claims the other child made him drop his
crackers). I immediately made him apologize and sent DS to his room and he
is still sitting there. I brought the other child home and apologized to
the mom. I talked it over with DH and we came up with a punishment of no
friends for five days and he needs to write a letter of apology to the 5 yo,
along with a verbal and heartfelt apology to the child and his mom. What
would you do?