Old January 20th 04, 02:25 AM
multimom4

Default 1yo liquid intake

Oops -- that should say "to get them off bottles".

--Janet
EHCH

"multimom4" wrote in message
Kim and Gretchen --

If you really want to teach them to drink water without apple or instead

of
or as well as oj, the simple answer is to take away the juice and be firm.
When they are thirsty, they will drink.

We had to do this with EHC to get them off sippies -- milk in sippies on
vacation in May in Phoenix did the trick by 9am the first morning.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

"Gretchen" wrote in message
Hi, that sounds about right... Matan gets between 16-20 oz. of whole

milk
every day, and another 8 oz. of orange juice (the kind right off the

tree,
we're in Florida!) and I'm trying to get him to take just plain water
without a lot of success. Anyway, he's 19 months now but that's about
what's he's had in terms of liquids since age 1. Hope this helps.

Gretchen