Old June 26th 03, 02:01 AM

Default Back to work

In . com,
turtledove typed:
wrote in message
. com...
Hello again everyone.

I have been silent for a while lately. I have gone through physical
therapy, and am continuing. I had a recheck at the orthopedic on
Monday, he says, "No surgery!" He seemed as happy about the fact as
I was. My symptoms have greatly improved, and the pain is minimal
when it occurs. I am now back to working full duty, and have
applied for a non-clinical position in my company. I think I could
handle marketing for Hospice to physicians offices without much risk
to re-injury. If I get it, it will also mean a slight raise.
Around $5,000 a year. I am not applying for the money, but it sure
would help.

As for my son, he is enjoying his summer, secure in the fact he will
be going to 7th grade in the fall. He will, however be repeating
the same math class. He did not do well enough to move on to
Algebra, so he will be taking pre-Algebra again. He doesn't see the
point, but I explained it to him this way: "There is no other math
class on the same level. You are capable of doing the work, but you
chose not to turn in the assignments. Now that you know what is
expected of you, you should have no problems sailing through that
course next year." It didn't seem to phase him, but then again he
is only 12. He is still the center of the universe in his opinion.
Hope all is well with everyone. Just wanted to update those who
have been reading about us. Those that haven't, sorry for wasting
time...or is that memory...or bytes...or...ah forget it. Anyone
wanting more info, feel free to ask. I try to be open and honest,
although I have been known to get defensive. Take care everyone.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good
with ketchup.

I'm glad that your back is feeling better and that surgery is no
longer in the future!!!!
Woohoo!!!!!

You are nver a waste of bytes honey....

*bri

Well considering the topics being covered lately...nope, not gonna talk
about it. Not my subject, not my issue, not my problem. I have enough of
my own. Hopefully things will settle down with my son soon now.

Oh. BTW. On Saturday I went to this group hypnosis seminar, and I quit
smoking...FOUR DAYS so far...keeping fingers crossed it sticks. Nothing
else has.

Betsy