Old March 20th 06, 10:29 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Earliest Memories Remembered During Adulthood

Hi --

I have a few memories that date back to sometime between the ages of 12
and 24 months. I have a few memories of my grandfather, for example,
and of my other grandparents house in Philadelphia.

My 10-year old son has only just started *losing* memories that date
from 12-24 months of age. (He commented on it recently, somewhat
distressed. I think the loss has to do with entering pubescence.) It
will be interesting to see what he remembers when he finishes
adolescence.

My mother remembers learning to walk. She was about 12 months old at
the time, and can date it by the fact that the memory was at a house in
Connecticut which they stopped renting when the country entered
WWII. (Gas rationing.)

All of my own memories of that period are kind of like mini videoclips.
Sight, sound, but very little if any by way of story-line or emotion.

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.