Old November 4th 04, 02:45 AM
Kalera Stratton

I've noticed that minority and biracial people tend to think there's a
use for such groups, while the only people who have objections to them
tend to be caucasian.

If it's useless to you, don't join. The usefulness of such a group to
its members, and whether they find a form of support they aren't finding
elsewhere, will determine its success or failure.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

I wouldn't take offense to this, but I do find it odd and confusing. Is
this an online group? Seems a little weird to me, how do you
differentiate who's what ethnicity over the internet? That isn't
something I've encountered on the parenting groups I've read over the
years, I generally have no clue who is caucasian or non-caucasian.
Either way, I tend to disagree with the general premise, I live in a
very multi-cultural region of the US and I find that while some cultural
differences in parenting styles and norms are evident where I am, it
isn't drawn across such a distinct line in the sand (cauc vs
non.cauc). Maybe its more of a regional effect instead of racial. I
would never choose my groups, friends or affiliations based solely on
race, its too arbitrary - I know plenty of people my own race that I
disagree with.

cara