Old August 12th 03, 09:19 PM
Banty

Default SAHD -- NPR story

In article , Hillary Israeli says...

In ,
Richard wrote:

* Thanks so much for asking. We're doing well. Micaela is taking her time
*outgrowing babyhood -- nine months, no teeth, not crawling, but thriving
*nonetheless. It's starting to look like she's going to walk before she
*crawls. Her legs are strong and she is starting to develop balancing skills.
*sigh. It's time to babyproof the house (a MAJOR task!).

Hehehe. Naomi (Micaela's age-peer, you may recall, DOB 10/20) started to
crawl on 8/1 while I was at work. I work like 15 hrs on an average week,
and she HAS to start while I'm at work - AND the day before we leave for
vacation, so of course she crawled all over the beach, out from under the
shady umbrella and baby tent we set up, all over the non-childproofed
rented home, etc etc . On the fifth day of crawling, she started
pulling herself to standing; yesterday she just about tried to "cruise"
but didn't quite do it.

Brings back memories - my son started crawling (like a little wind-up toy - once
he'd figured it out - he'd start crawling in the air while I was putting him
down!) at nine months when we were on the road. All over my cousin's dog-carpet,
all over iffy motel carpets, up Wisconsin stream banks - everywhere!

Banty