Old January 15th 06, 12:50 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Parenting a difficult teen

Hi

I have just re-found this group. I used to subscribe to misc.kids
hundreds of years ago when the internet had hardly just begun and my
kids were just babies. Now, firstborn is almost 15 and life is pure
hell. She's in trouble at school (truanting, being temporarily
excluded, failing, low self esteem), known to the police (shoplifting,
absconding from home) trouble at home (foul behaviour, language,
stealing, smoking, drinking, going out whenever and wherever, having
her beautiful face pierced, no family involvement) and things just keep
going downhill. As a parent, I feel as if I am living with an abusive
partner, and my feelings towards what was once such a beautiful and
bright child are completely confused. I feel that at 14 she is not
emotionally mature enough not to put herself in vulnerable positions,
although I fully support
her need to grow up.
There seems to be NO HELP whatsover, so perhaps some other wise parents
who have lived through this and come out the other side (as I'm sure
there will be one) can offer some advice. This is so emotionally
draining, and I have other people in my life that need me too.

Hopefully,

elisa