Old August 11th 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.people.parents.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding,uk.people.parents
[email protected]

Default Gina Ford and Mumsnet

In uk.legal Richard Polhill wrote:
wrote:

Er... this is Usenet... it is *not* Google nor regulated, owned, or
whatever else by Google. Google simply has a feed into Usenet, the same
as thousands of servers world-wide.

True, but as Google could be regarded as 'publishing' the comments, as an
intermediary in the same way the mumsnet was accused of publishing the
contents of their forum, then perhaps Ms. Ford and her Legal advisers (I use
the term loosely here) could feel they have a case.

Of course, as Google is US-based where they sensibly do not hold
intermediaries responsible for the views of third parties, it isn't a question
for them, but what about UK sites that offer usenet web access?

Gina Ford vs. the Internet. I wonder how much she pays for her legal 'advice'.

She would have to issue many thousands of legal cases. i think her
lawyers must be laughing at the silly cow as they rake it in.

And I will repeat... she is not fit to be let near children let alone
advise genuine parents... I wait for her to sue me.

Axel