Old December 2nd 03, 08:32 AM
Herself

Default Fight with a friend

AlenasMom wrote:

She turned really pale and asked if I was serious. I told her yes (in a
voice that meant no nonsense to everyone else) and tried to change the
subject. She must have done the math in her head and said: "Don't you think
that nursing at 10 months is a little excessive?"

Come on...tell her about the mom on here who nursed til her daughter was
6. I can't remember who, but I DARE you!!! heheheh

I said no and told her that I plan to nurse until Alena's ready to wean
herself. She looked ill. She got up, excused herself and went into another
room. The bride went and asked her what was wrong. They were still in
hearing distance, but not sight. She said that she wasn't going to be in
the wedding party if I was seriously going to be nursing my toddler (since
when is a ten month old a toddler????) during the wedding!
I was so ****ed! I'm not planning on whipping it out during their vows, but
I will nurse her after the ceremony and during the reception which is 6
hours long! She's mad at this!

No, get a nice satin sling made, to match the dresses, and nurse at the
altar :-).

The worst was at dinner when she told, not asked!, me to go nurse in the
bathroom. I told her that we were nursing at the table and she could mind
her own business. I wasn't about to let my baby starve nor eat in the
bathroom by a disgusting garbage can no matter what she said.

Tell her to go eat her damn dinner in there...if no one else had a
problem, including the restaurant owner, than she shouldn't.

I think I've royally ticked her off now, but luckily the bride is pro
breastfeeding and is really supportive of me. She even insisted that my
bodice do up in the front to accommodate the baby's nursing.

Thank god for smart friends, eh?

But I'm worried. I have to plan the bridal shower with this woman and I
just don't know what to say to her. She thinks nursing is disgusting and
shouldn't be done, ever. She told me to my face that she'll never nurse
because she was formula fed and she's just fine, and so was most of our
generation and we're smarter, healthier and stronger than previous
generations. (Not all true at all.)

Ask her about the huge rise in food allergies (ooooh, I kill myself).

Ask her why they are there then. And tell her that even the formula
makers say that NOTHING is as good as mama milk. So there. And know
that you are in the right, your friend the bride knows you're in the
right, and this woman is an ass :-).

takes off Lactivist hat...ooohhh...we should get you one for next time
you see her!!!!
--
'Tis Herself