Old July 31st 06, 02:50 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Mum of Two

Default Child-led weaning

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ds is just over 1yr old and is partially bf'd - one morning and one
evening feed.I don't know anyone personally who has let their child
wean themselves, in fact only my sister bf until her kids were 1. He
isn't really a comfort feeder and doesn't feed to sleep. His evening
feed is pretty short (2-5mins) and his morning not much longer. I am
not planning on getting pregnant, so my milk won't dry up for that
reason. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what to
expect with their own experiences. I'm quite happy to keep going so
it's really just curiosity.

Well, DD is 25 months and she's been on two feeds (morning and night)
for...hmm...about 6 months or so now? It's hard to say. I went back to work
two days a week when she was 11 months old, and she came into work for a
lunch time feed for a while
She still asks for it ("I want boobie milk now!") but the feed times are
much more flexible, and she's basically missed the odd evening feed to no
ill effect. I'm so pleased I've had the toddler nursing experience, it's so
rewarding. Try having coffee at a cafe with a nationally recognised
breastfeeding advocate, and have your toddler ask for boobie milk in a cup..

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,