Old July 31st 06, 03:37 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Linz

Default Child-led weaning

wrote:
Ds is just over 1yr old and is partially bf'd - one morning and one
evening feed.I don't know anyone personally who has let their child
wean themselves, in fact only my sister bf until her kids were 1. He
isn't really a comfort feeder and doesn't feed to sleep. His evening
feed is pretty short (2-5mins) and his morning not much longer. I am
not planning on getting pregnant, so my milk won't dry up for that
reason. I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what
to expect with their own experiences. I'm quite happy to keep going so
it's really just curiosity.

YoungBloke will be three in October. He's down to a breakfast feed and a
bedtime feed. At weekends that's three feeds (one nap) and weekdays that's
two. Those were child-led. These days he may sometimes ask for another feed
but it's generally down to boredom and I say no - that's mummy-led! I'll go
with the three feeds until he cuts them out.