Old January 10th 05, 12:21 AM
shinypenny

shinypenny wrote:
1) Once a week, I buy one sweet item for the whole family, usually a
quart of ice cream. When it's gone, it's gone, and I don't buy more
until the next shopping trip. Therefore, I don't limit intake on a
daily basis. If everyone wants to pig out and eat their 1/4 share of
that quart on the first day, then so be it. The kids have figured out
that they can ration it over the week to have a little each day. I
don't fret whether they eat it all on the first day, or a little all
week long, because either way, it is the same percentage of their
weekly calories.

2) For occasions such as Halloween or Easter, I let the girls go
hog-wild and eat to their heart's content. Then the next day, the

candy
disappears - either I take it to work and leave it in the break room,
or I have also been known to throw it in the trash. I've been doing
this for so long, they've never complained or balked about it.

Replying to my own post (hate it when that happens). I forgot #3...

3) The day after your bday, you can have bday cake for breakfast!! Then
we dump the rest of the cake in the trash. Don't ask me why I started
this tradition, because I don't remember. :-)

jen