Old May 28th 04, 12:31 PM
Sue

Default C-Sec and steps....and driving??

Donna wrote:
They both feel that after abdominal surgery, the consequences of an
accident can be so severe, that it's better not to be driving at all for

that period of time. Neither one has ever said that *riding* in a car was
at all risky. I have been under the impression that the major risk factor
in even a minor accident (following abdominal surgery) is impact with the
steering wheel.

The recommendation to not drive also comes in the fact that you are
stretching the incision by pushing on the brake and foot pedals. If you had
to slam on the brakes, you would then pull at the incision. I never heard of
not riding in a car, just not driving for a few weeks.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)