Old August 11th 05, 07:33 PM

Oh no! A serial! I'll be hanging onto the edge of my seat for a week!

Larry

SuperEeyore writes:
: Wednesday night at 38 weeks and a half during my summer school speech
: class, I started having regular contractions. They felt rather early
: and not nearly forceful enough to actually go into the hospital to get
: checked for labor. Homer was excellent in following my lead, despite
: his genetic make up that desperately wanted to drag me in and get the
: baby out. We ended up telling everyone that labor seemed to have
: started but that it was still very early in the game.

: By Saturday night, the contractions remained the same, but ended up
: intensifying in my pelvic area. I was really encouraged because it was
: something new instead of just days of the same early labor
: contractions with no sign of being different. Sunday morning I was
: seriously not liking my hips and pelvis and I noticed that Someone New
: had dropped about what seemed to be 6 inches downward which was
: another sign towards impending stronger labor coming closer (hours,
: days, weeks, who knows)

: Monday, contractions pretty much were really light, Sunday was just a
: positioning day I think. My pelvis was glad for the break. I knew once
: I was at class later that day that the walking would trigger them to
: gain some power back. I really felt like the day was different and
: thus went really early to class to make sure I was signed up for the
: first speech of the night. The speech went alright, I went over time
: but oh well. =oP I listened to four other speeches and scared some
: good old southern boy during his speech by getting up to turn the
: lights on and off when needed. When the break came, my contractions
: were about every four to seven minutes fairly strong (in the mild
: sense of he water hadn’t broken, they were annoying me enough to get
: annoyed at everyone around me) but walking to the car set them
: approximately 2 to 3 minutes apart and twice as strong as sitting. My
: body was telling me to walk, so we went to the mall for dinner.

: We were supposed to go to my dad’s house to install the carseat, but
: like the crib last pregnancy, labor took over those plans. We ate
: dinner and I walked the upstairs part of the mall (cushy supported
: carpeting, ideal for laps) and the contractions amped up in length and
: strength, again remaining 2 to 3 minutes apart. I decided that I would
: go in to get checked just to see if this was the slow going jump of 3
: cms dilated to 4 cms dilated. So we went home and packed our things
: for the hospital. Juliet in case you were wondering woke up at 9:00
: that morning and had no nap that day. So she was tired by this point,
: but refused to sleep.

: I got to the hospital around 10 I think. Like Juliet’s birth, the
: delivery ward was overflowing and so they put me in a room with two
: others to determine if they were going to admit me.

: To be continued… Is it or isn’t it otherwise known as the beastly bed

: Laurel
: --
: birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
: mommy to Juliet 4-13-02