Old September 25th 04, 04:38 AM
Paul Griffiths

"Purchgdss" wrote in message

Laura's parents say they hope her letter will help another child

The parents of a teenager who died in an apparent suicide pact have
released a letter she wrote describing how she was bullied and deeply
unhappy.

Her parents, who discovered Laura unconscious at their home in Cimla,
had already released a statement insisting that bullying had played a
part in Laura's death.

I'm interested in what responsibility the parents claimed.... this was
obviously a very troubled child and the bullying was the straw.

I don't know how much of a "straw" it was and I can't claim to know the
motivation of her parents in releasing the letter but maybe it was meant as
a warning to other parents to not make the same mistakes they had? I dunno.
I'm glad they *did* publish it though.

She admits in the letter that she used food to assuage her unhappiness

which
brought her more bullying......

I think it's sad that so many people who could have done something to ease
the situation did nothing at all and probably not by choice. Seems to me
lots of folks in this life walk around wearing blinkers.

Yes, I have told my parents, they thought I just didn't like going to
school, anyone else heard that one? LOL (laugh out loud).
So great, no-one believed me to start with, I just hoped like they
said "they will get bored" while I got fatter and fatter and sadder
and sadder. Everyone got meaner and meaner.

This speaks volumes by itself......

It certainly struck me that there seemed to have been a major breakdown of
communication between her and her parents. That's something I would always
try my best to avoid.

--
Paul Griffiths