Old March 12th 04, 08:58 PM
Herman Rubin

Default Teacher asks child to repeat kindergarten, Please help

In article NN74c.10144$i76.153861@attbi_s03,
toypup wrote:

"Galbo" wrote in message
. com...
I have a feeling that the teacher is going to ask or recommend us to
get the kindergraten repeated.
Can anyone tell me whether its upto the teacher only or Parents have a
say whether your kids go to 1st grade or not.

My observation is that teacher is not very friendly with the kids and
that is pritty much what my child thinks but has never complained for
the teacher.

It's been a long time, so this may not apply. My teacher recommended I
repeat kindergarten. I would have to say, of the many teachers I've had
over the years, she is the only one I would qualify as racist. I never told
my parents what she would do to me in class, but maybe they sensed it. My
dad did not take her recommendation and I did just fine in elementary
school, often the top of my class. Ask her the reasons she thinks your
daughter should repeat and judge for yourself.

Unless the reason is lack of mental ability, there is NO
reason not to go on. School should be for learning, not
for socializing.

Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558