Old March 14th 05, 04:52 PM
Johnniec

Default 7 yr old eating problems

My 7 yr. old was eating a taco salad at school during lunch, and choked
on one of the chips. It was stuck in this throat for a few seconds,
then he choked it out. It scared the heck out of him. I happened to
have be there with him when it happened, although I didn't realize it
was happening until just before it was over.

Now he has a fear of choking. He chooses his food based on whether he
thinks he could choke on it. He eats very slowly now. He has lost
weight. He was actually a bit overweight before, so he looks fit now. I
suspect that is why others haven't really noticed this problem he is
having.

This has been going on now for a few weeks. I would like advice on how
to help him get over this fear.

Thanks.